Mum replies “we will be butterflying them,,,”
How to make chicken chops?
– Beginning on the thicker side of the chicken leg,
– Hold a sharp knife parallel to the cutting surface and locate the single bone that runs through the leg.
– After locating the bone, scrape the meat away from the bone; continue scraping all the way through. Don’t debone the leg.
– After you butterfly the meat, open and flatten it
– Then pound it to an even thickness. To pound and flatten, place the leg between two pieces of baking paper. Using a mallet, pound the meat either side around the bone
– Open out the meat and make some cuts in any thick portions so that it lies flat and is of even thickness all over.