We love this recipe and it makes my little foodie jump up and down with excitement so it is a recipe that you will repeat.
1kg Leg of lamb
4 sweet onions cut in quarters
200ml lamb stock
4 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
100g butter, unsalted
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
6 fresh or dried apricots (variations: fresh or dried figs)
100g whole Almonds
300g black grapes (optional)
½ teaspoon rosemary
How to cook?
– Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a low heat, place the lamb and onions and lightly brown the lamb and onions, regularly turning
– Lift the meat and onions and place the joint and onions in a roasting pan
– Sprinkle black pepper over the joint.
– Mix the lamb stock, honey and soy sauce and spoon over the lamb
– Scatter the almonds and apricot around the meat, sprinkle the rosemary over the lamb.
– Preheat the oven to 160 C and roast the lamb 45 minutes. Baste the lamb every 15 minutes, take the sauce that forms in the bottom of the pan and spoon over the lamb.
– After 45 minutes, take the lamb out; add the grapes if used and roast another 20 minutes.
Serve with braised root vegetables and roast potatoes.
If you really like our posts and recipes please let us have your comments and please share, like on our Facebook or Twitter or Pin it.
We welcome your feedback and thoughtful comments at our blog and receiving comments is a great source of excitement, advice, criticism, unique insight and motivation to us, but keep it sweet, nice, honest and useful
Please don’t include hyperlinks, spam, adverts, keywords and personal attacks and please kids friendly comments at all times.